Reports of the death of movie theaters have been greatly exagerated. Read More
Yes, we also cover plenty of movie and TV industry news. But we always try to infuse our news aggregation with insightful commentary, unique perspective, and the same irreverent spirit that has made FSR the publication it is today.
Presently, we are the host to several excellent recurring columns that cover current events:
- Box Office Report — a weekly column in which senior editor Christopher Campbell unpacks each weekend’s box office results by looking not at dollar amounts, but the number of tickets sold.
- Brief History — a weekly column in which Will DiGravio provides a concise guide to everything you need to know about the history behind various pop culture topics.
- Entering the Discourse — a thrice-weekly column in which Mary Beth McAndrews digs into who is saying what about new releases and upcoming projects.
- Great Expectations — a thrice-weekly column in which Aurora Amidon breaks down the most essential information about a highly-anticipated upcoming release — everything from release dates to weird fan theories.
- Real Stories — a weekly column in which Will DiGravio explores the truth behind upcoming film and TV adaptations.
- Shot by Shot — a recurring series in which we break down an interesting new movie or TV trailer one shot at a time.
- The Queue — a thrice-weekly column in which Meg Shields offers up a daily online video worthy of your attention, curated specifically for those who love the art of filmmaking.
Browse the latest news below
The Library of Congress now recognizes all three parts of the original 'Star Wars' trilogy for their historical significance. But… Read More
We compare the debut of the new 'Ghostbusters' movie to others in the franchise and consider the potential for a… Read More
'Last Night in Soho' and 'Antlers' fell short in a generally disappointing weekend at the box office for horror movies,… Read More
The new movie gave Denis Villeneuve his biggest opening ever, and it has proven to be a great financial success… Read More
Meanwhile, Ridley Scott had the worst debut of his directorial career with 'The Last Duel.' Read More
The new 007 film proves it's no time to die at the box office, but it's still not time to… Read More
Not only did the sequel have the best opening-weekend attendance of the last two years, but it also out-performed the… Read More