When: March 7-15, 2008
Where: Austin, Texas
Official Site: 2008.SXSW.com
FSR Editors Neil Miller and Brian Gibson are going on a good ole’ fashioned road trip. They will be packing the car and making the drive from Columbus, Ohio to Austin, Texas to cover the 2008 South by Southwest Film Festival. If they survive 18 hours of each other in the car, they will be taking in a serious amount of great films. If you can’t make it to SXSW, be sure to make it back to this page as they will be providing daily blog updates, previews, movie reviews, interviews and hot news stories live all week long from the heart of central Texas.
Take a look below for all of their coverage before, during and after this year’s festival.
– Day 5-6: Ninjas, Indie Rock Chicks and Crowded Streets
– Day 2-4: Geek Movies, Kristen Bell and Other Diversions
– Day One: The Long Road into Texas
– Dreams with Sharp Teeth - B
– Frontrunners - A
– Stop-Loss - D
– Beautiful Losers - A
– Bananaz - D
– Nerdcore Rising - A
– Dance of the Dead - B+
– Super High Me - B
– The Promotion - A
– Forgetting Sarah Marshall - B+
– We Are Wizards - B
– Blip Festival: Reformat the Planet - A
– Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - C+
– Second Skin - A-
– Explicit Ills Wins SXSW’s Top Honor; But Was It an Honest Win?
– Coverage Preview: Austin Here We Come!
– More Panels Added to SXSW Film Fest
– 2008 SXSW Film Festival Official Line-Up
– Preview: Frontrunners
– Preview: A Necessary Death
– Medicine for Melancholy, Half-Life, Rainbow Around the Sun, Mister Lonely
– Reformat the Planet
– Second Skin