I have got to hand to the fine folks over at /film. While I was busy trolling what I’ll go ahead and call “questionably legal German art sites,” slash’s intrepid reporter Brendon was trolling Japanese Harry Potter fansites and scored a gigantic find to the tune of 75 new Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince photos.
Plus, some of them even come with sweet Japanese subtitles. Just like you wanted!
Apparently there’s a new Japanese teaser for the film (that won’t be hitting multi-massive-plexes until this Summer), and PotterMania.jp has ripped a lot of the images and posted them for your ocular pleasure.
The quality of the pictures ranges from Crisp Perfection to Is-That-Hermione-Or-Snape? but sifting through all of them will definitely yield more than a few gems. Of course, the site has politely asked for other sites not to poach their goods, and while I thought about stealing them and throwing an FSR logo on them, I figured I would somehow get sued by Fox for doing so.
So definitely check them out for yourself.
Some quick observations upon viewing them that may be a little SPOILERISH:
- Ron is going to get his Quidditch on in a big way.
- Jim Broadbent looks great as Slughorn.
- Draco has gone from annoying brat to teenage badass.
- Transplanting memories into a pensieve makes you look like you’re having a stroke or climaxing or both.
- Young Tom Riddle looks like a male version of Samara from The Ring.
- The color palette is getting even darker.
- The establishing panoramic shots look incredible. There’s one in particular of what looks like Dumbledore standing on a massive rock jutting out from stormy waves that will probably be breathtaking in the film.
- Someone’s house is going to get blown up.
- Luna Lovegood is getting her Quibbler on in a big way.
- There’s a shot of some crazy-looking guy in a giant wheat field that I can only assume is an homage to the movie Witness or the works of Ridley Scott in general.
- Some sort of Mecha-Shiva is going to start a gang fight in Diagon Alley.
- Harry is going to look concerned a lot.
- But he appears to get to make out with Cho Chang. While looking concerned.
So that’s what I was thinking as I loaded every single one of those pictures. I would highly suggest doing the same if you are a big Potter fan – you might catch something different that I didn’t.
What do you think? You checked out every single one of those photos didn’t you? DIDN’T YOU? Tell the truth.