You wouldn’t know it if you aren’t a top-ranking member of the FSR staff, but it’s been a busy week around here. It might not look like much, but a lot of planning and development is happening in places where the sun refuses to shine. And no, we’re not talking about that new cream Kevin Carr is trying out. Though I hear it is working.
No, I’m talking about new features, a sexy new site design and plenty of things that will bring more readers like you to FSR. Hopefully. As for the rest of it, we saw some really great articles this week, if you ask this editor. There was plenty to talk about — talking dogs, drunk celebrities, martial artists and even a series of war movies to celebrate America’s fighting men and women. Hopefully you didn’t miss it all. But if you did, there is always this week’s rundown of The Week That Was…
- Jack Giroux kicks it with George Romero
- Neil Miller sits down with Nicholas Stoller and Jonah Hill
- Jack Giroux corners Splice director Vinzeno Natali
- The Movie Watcher’s Guide to June 2010 by the Staff
- 20 Movie Icons You Didn’t Know Were in the Military by Cole Abaius
- Passing the Torch: Who Can Kick Ass as Hard as Tony Jaa? by Dustin Hucks
- The 15 Most Notable Actors Who Delved into Sci-Fi by Cole Abaius
- What the Film Industry Can Learn from the War on Drugs by Cole Abaius
- Movies We Love: Bad Boys by Neil Miller
- Culture Warrior: Sex and the Romantic Comedy by Landon Palmer
Other Things That Happened
- Thor and Captain America‘s Costumes were revealed
- Cole Abaius celebrated the life of Cinematographer William Fraker
- Cinema showman Tim League got some good news, as did movie fans
- Mystery Team‘s Donald Glover campaigned for Spider-Man audition
- A new Scott Pilgrim trailer delighted the internet
- James Cameron solved the BP Oil Spill
Dispatch from Reject HQ
A lot of readers have been asking about the new site. The one we promised to have ready by April 2, then by May 1. And all of the sudden, we’re well into the month of June and everyone’s still straining their eyes to the tune of an orange and black color scheme that would have been really cool in 1998. The truth is that we’re still working on it. And by “we,” I mean of course that our lovely designers are working on it while I provide them an endless stream of notes on what does and doesn’t look right. And while it looks beautiful, it simply isn’t ready. But it should be ready soon. At which time you will be promptly blown out of your office chairs, so please prepare your office splash guards.
Comment of the Week
Reader ‘Judgevik’ got me giggling over his comment on Cole Abaius’ article about how the Falconer Predator made him hopeful.
We wait for Sporty Predator and Posh Predator, and Scary Pred…oh wait..!
Now, if only someone would Photoshop us a rendition of ‘Posh Predator’…
Until next week, this has been The Week That Was.