Neil’s still gone, so Eric Vespe (aka Quint) from Aint It Cool News, and I decided to sit around and talk movies for two hours. Somehow we decided that Bela Lugosi’s skeleton could kick Eric’s ass, that we couldn’t escape from the specter of Ryan Reynolds, and that if Guillermo del Toro directed a Western – it would be awesome.
We also braved the wilds to review I Love You, Beth Cooper and waded into the water cooler to gossip about Bruno.
On This Week’s Show:
Segment 1: Ripped From the Headlines [0:00 – 47:20ish]
- Harry Potter Updates and Junket Horror Stories
- We Get Sidetracked into Praising Harry Potter
- Ryan Reynolds is Ryan Reynolds as The Green Lantern
- MacGruber! Modern-day Austin Powers? Or more like Ladies Man?
- Warners Needs to do Something with Superman by 2011
- Dance Break!
Segment 2: Reviews [47:00 – 86:00ish]
- I Love You, Beth Cooper [Cole’s Awesome Review]
- Bruno [Landon’s Review]
- 500 Days of Summer and Moon are Still Out for you to Find
Segment 3: The World Famous Third Segment [86:00 – The End]
- A Segment Three Game of What If: A del Toro Western? a Wes Anderson Horror? a Spielberg Musical? a David Lynch Comedy? a Romero WWII Epic? a Hitchcock Fantasy Adventure?
- And, yes, we stunt cast for Jaws: The Musical with Christopher Walken as The Shark.
- Dr. Abaius’s Totally Accurate Box Office Guesses: Who Took the Top of the Box Office This Week?