Brought to you by: The NIAACX’s 28th Annual Intergalactic Meeting of Extra Terrestrials. January 8th, from 7pm – ?? Right here in Austin Texas, in the empty lot across from the Home Depot on Oltorf.
This week, on a very special episode of Reject Radio, Cinematical‘s John Gholson and I delve into the largest debate about whether or not Avatar is making any money in the history of the universe (hint: it is).
We then proceed to empty an entire bottle of cheap table wine by myself (John rocked right through a handle of Crystal Light Peach Tea), and we lamented the fact that zero wide releases hit the box office at your local theater this weekend.
Lucky for you we gave out the Inaugural Reject Radio Awards for Academic Excellence in Film by taking a look at some films of the past decade that were grossly overlooked (but can be re-looked at your convenience on several disc-based playing modules).
On This Week’s Show:
Segment 1: Ripped From the Headlines [0:00 – 28:00ish]
- Jack Kirby is Dead
- Avatar‘s Box Office Numbers Hold Steady
- She Looks Like One of Those Rap Guys Girlfriends
Segment 2: Reviews [Nonexistent]
- A lonely tumbleweed wanders down the road….
Segment 3: The World Famous Third Segment [28:00-or-so – Fin]
- The Reject Radio Awards! Featuring:
- The Best Kaufman/Gondry Collaboration That Isn’t Eternal Sunshine!
- The Best Group Masturbation Scene That Has Metaphorical Implications!
- The Best Movie Featuring an Alien that Poses as a Retarded Person to Fight Other Aliens that Live in People’s Buttholes!
- The Best Movie About Teaching That Isn’t Actually a Documentary!
- The Best Use of Mark Wahlberg in an Existential Comedy!
- ….and a Cast of Thousands!
- Dr. Abaius’s Totally Accurate Box Office Guesses: Who took the top spot this week?
- It was Avatar.
Reject Radio Airs Live Sunday Nights at 10p EST / 7p PST
- Watch Live at FilmSchoolRejects.com/Radio
- Call Reject Radio: (512) 212-1301
- Email Reject Radio: email@example.com
- Reject Radio on Twitter: twitter.com/RejectRadio