Brought to you by: Cutting the Brake Line – the #1 way to make it look like an accident.
This week, on a very special episode of Reject Radio, chaos continues to reign as special guests Bethany Perryman and Brian Salisbury check into Reject HQ, mix up some manly Amaretto Sours, and we discusses the finer points of exploiting a young girl’s congenital defects by naming a show about her “Mermaid Girl.”
Plus, we celebrate National Coming Out Day by (sometimes awkwardly) talking about the role of homosexuality in film. The good, the bad, the exploitative.
All around there’s a lot of exploitation going on.
Also, also, there’s a strange, mild buzz in the background that I refuse to be held accountable for.
On This Week’s Show:
Segment 1: Ripped From the Headlines [0:00 – 47:00abouts]
- Whither Mermaid Girl?
- Christina Aguilera vs. Kristen Bell in an All-Out Brawl for Burlesque. Who will emerge alive?
- Whither Ivan Reitman for Ghostbusters 3?
- Whither Paranormal Activity‘s Success?
- Bethany Goes Necro-Gay for Bea Arthur
- Whither Anvil! for The Green Hornet
- Neil Miller’s Somber, Reflective, Appropriately Memorial Trailer Round Up: Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, The Tooth Fairy
- Dance Break – Good Vibrations. Sweet Sen-sa-tiiooons.
Segment 2: Reviews [47:00 – 59:00ish]
Segment 3: The World Famous Third Segment [59:00 – Fin]
- Going Gay for Film: A Celebration of National Coming Out Day 2009 and portrayals of homosexuality in film. Including a great list of films!
- Dr. Abaius’s Totally Accurate Box Office Guesses: Who took the top spot this week?
Reject Radio Airs Live Sunday Nights at 10p EST / 7p PST
- Watch Live at FilmSchoolRejects.com/Radio
- Call Reject Radio: (512) 212-1301
- Email Reject Radio: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reject Radio on Twitter: twitter.com/RejectRadio