This week on a very special episode of Reject Radio, we uncover long-lost FSR editor Brian Gibson, who brings us tales from down under — updating us randomly on the future works of Eric Bana. He also joins in as we discuss Steven Spielberg on Halo, Danny Trejo on crime, Ridley Scott on Huxley, Tucker Max on Dr. Abaius’ brand of humor and that G.I. Joe movie that just came out. Along with Joe, we also talk French cuisine with Julie & Julia and terrible vacation movies with David Twohy’s A Perfect Getaway.
And finally, we rock out to some sweet John Hughes movie tunes, dancing our way toward an epic segment three tribute to the man that brought us The Breakfast Club…
On This Week’s Show:
Segment 1: Ripped From the Headlines [0:00 – 39:00]
- Steven Spielberg Developing a Halo Movie
- Gaming Doc Second Skin Gets Second Life Online
- Machete Gets a Full Cast, Begins Shooting
- Ridley Scott Goes to a Brave New World
Neil’s Crazy Trailer Round-Up [25:00 – 39:00]
- The Lovely Bones
- I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell
- Ong Bak 2
- Assassination of a High School President
- The Vampire’s Assistant
Segment 2: Reviews [39:00 – 75:00ish]
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra [Neil’s Review]
- Julie & Julia [Rob Hunter’s Review]
- A Perfect Getaway [Rob Hunter’s Review]
- 500 Days of Summer and Moon and The Hurt Locker are Still Out for you to Find
Segment 3: The World Famous Third Segment [64:00 – The End]
- The John Hughes Retrospective: In honor of the recent passing of John Hughes, we look back at the likes of Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Planes Trains and Automobiles, She’s Having a Baby, Uncle Buck, Curly Sue, The Great Outdoors and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
- Dr. Abaius’s Totally Accurate Box Office Guesses: Who Took the Top of the Box Office This Week?