This week, on a very special episode of Reject Radio, Awards Season junkie and editor-in-chief of In Contention, Kris Tapley, joins us to shoot the bull on the Oscars.
We’ll be roasting that bull on a spit and serving it for our live-blog next month.
Could Natalie Portman lose her sure-thing Oscar? Why did Inception never have a chance at Best Picture? Who will win Best Costume Design?!?
We ask the tough questions. And then answer them. Plus, we also review The Mechanic in case you’d rather see something blow up besides an actor giving a thank you speech.
On This Week’s Show:
Segment One – News [Start – 8:30orso]
- Superman Has Been Cast
- All of our Heroes are British
- Alec Baldwin is Going to Be Santa Claus
Segment Two – Reviews [8:30 – 22:00ish]
- The Mechanic
Segment Three – The World Famous Segment Three [22:00 – Finish]
- Schooling The Academy: The Oscar nominations have been announced, but what do they mean? Probably nothing. Your favorite film of the year probably wasn’t even nominated, so why should you care? You shouldn’t. But we’re all going to watch anyway to see if Natalie Portman miraculously gives birth on stage to a baby that grabs her Best Actress award. They don’t call it the Kodak Theater for nothin’.
Reject Radio Airs Live Sunday Nights at 10p EST / 7p PST
- Watch Live at FilmSchoolRejects.com/Radio
- Call Reject Radio: (512) 212-1301
- Email Reject Radio: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reject Radio on Twitter: twitter.com/RejectRadio