This week, on a very special episode of Reject Radio, movie slave monkey for UGO.com Matt Patches shows up to give us hell. After some witty banter, he and Cole discuss the finer points of racial tension, bring Jan de Bont to a gun fight, and take a look back on our entirely appropriate relationship with Robert Rodriguez.
Plus, we find time to review Machete, The American, and Going the Distance.
On This Week’s Show:
Segment 1: Ripped From the Headlines [0:00 – 25:00]
- Is Mark Millar full of shit about Kick-Ass 2?
- Hobo With a Shotgun trailer confuses and delights
- Jan de Bont is tackling Mulan in order to prove he still has a career
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt might be a zombie for Breathers
- Subtle humor only works when paired with explosions
Segment 2: Reviews [25:00 – 48:45]
- The American
- Going the Distance
Segment 3: The World Famous Third Segment [48:45 – The End]
- Segment Three History Lesson – Robert Rodriguez: Matt and Cole go back to 1992 in order to see what happened to their love affair with the renegade director.
Reject Radio Airs Live Sunday Nights at 10p EST / 7p PST
- Watch Live at FilmSchoolRejects.com/Radio
- Call Reject Radio: (512) 212-1301
- Email Reject Radio: email@example.com
- Reject Radio on Twitter: twitter.com/RejectRadio