Do me a favor–take a look at the photo to the right. Just soooooak it in. Enjoy this moment.
In the words of Marv Albert, “YES!” Make your day? Made mine.
The majesty pictured to the right is Nicolas Cage’s new ‘do for his new thriller Season of the Witch. According to USA Today, Cage “plays a knight charged with exiling a sorceress” in the film. The sorceress is played by Claire Foy and Hellboy himself, Ron Perlman, also co-stars. Dominick Sena, who steered Cage through Gone in 60 Seconds, directs.
Take another look at that picture. It’s fantastic. But does it qualify as a Top 5 Most Ridiculous Nicolas Cage Hairdo? Let’s see:
5. Adaptation–Sported a frizzy Jew-fro to make him look like Charlie Kaufman. Awkward for everyone.
4. Con Air–Gritty long hair. Makes him look like the lead singer of some ’90s alt-rock band like Collective Soul or Blind Melon.
3. Peggy Sue Got Married–The Young Elvis look has always suited Cage well. See also: Honeymoon in Vegas
2. Next / Bangkok Dangerous–Two shitty action movies featuring Nicolas Cage sporting some variation of the Tom Hanks look from The Da Vinci Code.
1. Valley Girl–Feathered. ‘Nuff said.
Now if only Cage would play the lead in a biopic about Counting Crows lead singer Adam Duritz, the above list would be rendered moot.