In tonight’s round-up of the best news and notes that didn’t grow up to be bigger stories, we’ve got all genres. Star Wars and Jurassic Park representing the genre known as geek bait, Iron Man 3 in the corner of superhero flicks, Spring Breakers in for whatever the hell genre its in, and You’re Next in for some horror. As you can see above, it’s some serious horror.
- 37 reasons why Nick Miller is the perfect crush – I hate Buzzfeed, as any smart man should. I love New Girl, as any smart man should. This list puts me in quite the conundrum. Yet, as I fancy myself a real-life Nick Miller (beyond having the same last name), I’d like you all to read this. Especially the ladies.
- Are you ready for a Game of Thrones prequel? – Yes.
- A guide to Tony Stark’s Iron Man 3 armor – Here’s a preview of this fine article from ScreenCrush: Tony Stark has a lot of armor in Iron Man 3. And it’s all completely badass.
- A Star Wars and Jurassic Park mash-up – Somehow this is only a new development. Who’d have thunk it?
- Why Spring Breakers will make you hate teen girls today – My favorite thing of the day was watching friends on Twitter retweeting all the tween girls who are voicing their air-headed distain following seeing Harmony Korine’s movie. Apparently, it’s not so flattering for the teen girls of today. And they don’t get it. It’s alright, it’s not for them.
- New You’re Next posters – These might be the best thing we’ve seen in the marketing of this fine thriller. It only took Lionsgate what, 2 years to get it right?