New shots from Star Trek, a bit about Michael Bay’s ninja turtles and some fun facts about why Will Smith may or may not want to kill Leonardo DiCaprio. It’s all there in tonight’s edition of Movie News After Dark…
- New Trek shots, new tech shots – Several new images from J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek Into Darkness have emerged online today. There are a few action shots, an EW cover and a shot of an odd, new little craft that is yet unexplained. You have to love a bit of mystery on a Monday evening.
- Drones form the Starfleet insignia – To honor WWF’s Earth Hour conservation effort, 30 LED-illuminated drones took to the London skies to make a rotating Star Trek Starfleet logo. Awesome.
- What must Michael Bay do to sell fans on the Ninja Turtles reboot? – Over at Movies.com, our own Christopher Campbell posits a world in which people might be accepting of a Michael Bay-produced TMNT film. But how can action’s biggest personality deliver on the relaunching of such a sacred cow? Step one: have fun.
- Adapting comic books into movies – Not long ago, our Broken Projector podcast took on the topic of adapting video games into movies with a great discussion. Now Badass Digest’s show is doing something similar for comics with a discussion that involves comic icons Ed Brubaker and Bryan Lee O’Malley. It’s good stuff.
- Why Will Smith turned down Django – He really wanted to be the lead. And he didn’t think that Django was the lead character in a film called Django Unchained. I guess he really wanted to fake-kill Leo DiCaprio that much. Probably just recently saw Titanic on double-pack VHS. That’ll do it.
- Ender’s Damnnnn…. – The following is the first poster for the insane-space-camp adventure Ender’s Game. The following shows off the film’s zero gravity battle room. The following is awesome.