What is Movie News After Dark? It’s a nightly thing about stuff, and whatnot.
We begin this evening with the most entertaining image I found on the internet today, a mash-up know known as The Tardis DeLorean, it’s the ultimate time travel device. Probably bigger on the inside and definitely not in need of any roads. Come along, Marty!
1. The Best Jaws Memorabilia – As part of the Movies.com Jaws Week feature, Mike Bracken has a really fun tour through some of the best memorabilia from the last 37 years since the original release of that shark movie. “Chumbuddy” sleeping bag? Oh shit!
2. Spielberg considering IMAX for Robopocalypse- Speaking of that guy who made Jaws, he’s about to be making another big one: an adaptation of Robopocalypse. And he’s taking a page out of Christopher Nolan’s book and considering the IMAX format for the robot war film. That would be cool.
4. Seven Psychopaths, Seven Posters – A full set of character posters have been released for the upcoming dark comedy from Martin McDonagh, who most recently brought us In Bruges. One of them features Christopher Walken. Consider me sold.
5. Which Film Scares You the Most? – Movies.com wants to know, again part of their Jaws week coverage. Poltergeist would be on my list. Jaws is the reason why I’ll never go in the ocean past my ankles. Arachnophobia (which is getting a Blu-ray release soon) terrified me to the point of not being able to enter my parents’ basement for months. The list goes on…
6. James Mangold takes to Twitter – Just in time to Tweet out all of his thoughts as he revs up production on The Wolverine, the film that will undoubtedly help us forget about the last time anyone tried to make a Wolverine movie.
7. New Arrested Development characters – Not only will the upcoming new season of Arrested Development on Netflix feature the old gang, it’s going to include some new characters that will breath new life into the show. As Ron Howard explains, it’s going to be a lot of fun.
8. The Films of 2012 – It might be a bit early for a year-end mash-up, but YouTuber trigger687 has taken a great deal of trailer footage, some clever musical choices and a great sense of timing and put together one long trailer for the year’s buffet of action, adventure and thrillers. It’s really quite good and makes a lot of these movies look much more exciting than they’ll ever be on their own.
Links provided by Zergnet, which sounds like a villain but is really quite helpful.
Comment Policy: No hate speech allowed. If you must argue, please debate intelligently. Comments containing selected keywords or outbound links will be put into moderation to help prevent spam. Film School Rejects reserves the right to delete comments and ban anyone who doesn't follow the rules. We also reserve the right to modify any curse words in your comments and make you look like an idiot. Thank You!
Some movie websites serve the consumer. Some serve the industry. At Film School Rejects, we serve at the pleasure of the connoisseur. We provide the best reviews, interviews and features to millions of dedicated movie fans who know what they love and love what they know. Because we, like you, simply love the art of the moving picture.