What is Movie News After Dark? It’s a nightly column that tracks movie news and other, slightly more interesting editorials from around the web. It hates starting the week with a slow news day, but sometimes that’s what you get.
Our evening begins with a shot from Skyfall, courtesy of Empire. They’ve released five new images from the upcoming James Bond adventure, including this somewhat alluring shot of Daniel Craig and Naomie Harris. Look for more on their site and in their upcoming issue.
1. 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Star Trek: TOS – In honor of the show’s anniversary, the folks at io9 have dug deep to give us some gems about Kirk, Spock and the crew of the Starship Enterprise.
2. How Hollywood Accounting can make a $450 million movie ‘unprofitable’ – This is some serious fuzzy math, folks.
3. More Like John Carter of Fail – Andrew Stanton looks back at the rocky path that landed John Carter in theaters, became the year’s first big loser and had everyone forgetting that he was the guy behind Finding Nemo. But he’s still proud of his effort, as well he should be. Because as I’ve said all along, it really wasn’t that bad.
4. 3 Reasons Why Star Wars Games are Undeniably Racist – Can some of this be extrapolated to Star Wars itself? I’ll let you be the judge of that.
6. Youngest Starfleet Captain – This little guy is the most adorable thing of all-time ever. Also, best Reddit comment: “Take us out of orbit Number One! Its nap time!”
7. The Blade Runner Blu-ray trailer – 30th Anniversary. Remastered. Spinner car gift set.