Tonight in Movie News After Dark, we’ve got actionable items of to-do-ness for you. From learning about Neill Blomkamp’s latest to watching Marc Webb show off his Spidey-sets to remembering KFBR392, we’ve got a big list of things that every movie lover should be doing this evening. Lets get started.
- Follow Marc Webb on Twitter – If you have any interest in seeing behind the scenes shots from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, you should follow director Marc Webb on Twitter. He’s posting one new image per day. Some days it’s interesting, like the above image revealing that B.J. Novak is in the film. Other days its of the craft services trailer. Okay, it’s always pretty interesting.
- Get ready for MacGruber 2 – Alright fine, maybe you’re already ready for another MacGruber movie.
- Learn 10 things about Elysium – The studio behind Neill Blomkamp’s potentially awesome sci-fi actioner showed off some extended footage to press this week in anticipation of the trailer release. The fine folks at CinemaBlend have broken down the ten biggest learns from the event.
- Call Saul – Because according to Bob Odenkirk, there might just be a Saul-centric Breaking Bad spin-off show.
- Never forget how ‘special’ special effects are – In an interview with Hollywood.com, legend Dennis Muren talks about how special effects aren’t quite so ‘special’ these days. This is a lot coming from a guy who contributed significantly to Jurassic Park, Star Wars and countless other films that pioneered new methods of magic. It’s a fascinating interview.
- Mark June 4 on your calendar – That’s when everyone who owns a device that can purchase movies (VOD, iTunes, etc) will be able to watch History of Future Folk. The Fantastic Fest darling (seriously, it’s adorable) has been set for a release. Limited on May 31st in theaters, a further rollout on June 7th. VOD on June 4. They also made a video:
Tweet #Hondo. Just do it. Don’t ask questions.