Tonight on Movie News After Dark, it’s time to talk about Breaking Bad (YES!), dig a little deeper into the world of Iron Man, examine spoilers in trailers and get excited for summer movie season. Pretty much the same stuff we do every day, but better.
- Victorious! – That’s the way Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan described the oncoming finale of the hit show in this interview with The Daily Beast. He goes on: “Anyone anxious that there won’t be resolution enough at the end of these eight episodes can rest assured that the story very much reaches resolution.” A firm, victorious resolution? Alright, I’m sold. Actually, I was sold before.
- J.J. Abrams on Star Wars – Abrams took to The New York Times to talk about Star Trek, Star Wars and a small, $1-million dollar movie he’d like to make along the way (if he can fit it into his ridiculous schedule).
- A New Movie Review Aggregator – Could this new project be a RottenTomatoes-like aggregator you can actually use? It’s aim is only to add critics who are of a certain quality. As soon as they add our Rob Hunter, I’ll be impressed. Until then, it’s a nice thought.
- 50% of Americans think trailers give away the best scenes – Would you agree? Perhaps half of you would. All-in-all, though, trailers usually stick to the first act of a film and bits and pieces of the second. So it depends.
- Reviewing Iron Man 3 in comic book format – This article from Wired is brilliant, but also presented by the car company with deep product integration in Iron Man 3, so I wouldn’t go calling this a review so much as a piece of marketing. Fun marketing, but marketing.
- A look ahead at Marvel’s Phase Two – Thor, Captain America, Guardians, The Avengers 2. EW looks a little deeper into what is to come for Marvel Studios.
- The Ultimate 2013 Summer Movie Trailer – Our friends at ScreenRant always bring the quality with their trailer mash-ups. This is no exception: