What is Movie News After Dark? It’s a vicious sonofabitch, back from a weekend of debauchery (and candle-lit research) to bring you news and notes from around the film blogosphere. The best links end up here. If they don’t, you should email them in so that we can include them tomorrow. No seriously, do it.
1. Sherlock Holmes vs. Frankenstein – This is a thing that’s happening. And to think that we missed this in our round up of passed over alternatives to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter…
2. WETA throws horses – Speaking of Abe Lincoln’s late night vamp-killing, the folks at FX Guide have a great expose about the effects — most notably the shadowing — used in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by the folks at Weta Digital. Tossing horses around has never looked so… shadowy.
5. Gorgeous Breaking Bad art – The folks at AMC are taking submissions of fan art in the lead-up to the Breaking Bad season five premiere. This one comes from Mario Perrotta, entitled “Heisenberg.”
6. In defense of Spider-Man 3‘s dance scenes – Devin Faraci offers up an alternative take on the most talked about elements of Sam Raimi’s last Spider-Man movie, complete with plenty of nerd-enraging references to The Evil Dead. Nerds hate it when someone comes along and makes a good point, as he’ll undoubtedly discover in the comments section.
7. The Newsroom goes the distance – At least two seasons worth of the distance after being renewed by HBO. Grantland’s Andy Greenwald analyzes the situation with effortless wit.
8. Game of Thrones: The MMORPG- If you know what that acronym stands for, this will definitely excite you. If not, it’s still Game of Thrones related, so go with it.
9. Has the anti-princess moment finally arrived? – Movieline explores the meaning behind the rise of the likes of Merida of Brave and Daenerys Targaryen of Game of Thrones, and what it means for all the pretty pretty princesses.
10. Spider-Man: The Original Trilogy- Supercut mixmaster Kees van Djukhuizen reminds us of all the splendor of Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy just in time for a completely new franchise to take webbed flight.
Links provided by Zergnet, which sounds like a villain but is really quite helpful.
Comment Policy: No hate speech allowed. If you must argue, please debate intelligently. Comments containing selected keywords or outbound links will be put into moderation to help prevent spam. Film School Rejects reserves the right to delete comments and ban anyone who doesn't follow the rules. We also reserve the right to modify any curse words in your comments and make you look like an idiot. Thank You!
Some movie websites serve the consumer. Some serve the industry. At Film School Rejects, we serve at the pleasure of the connoisseur. We provide the best reviews, interviews and features to millions of dedicated movie fans who know what they love and love what they know. Because we, like you, simply love the art of the moving picture.