Tonight we explore the world of art, Matt Murdock’s new home and supporting TV characters who should have their own show. It’s all here in Movie News After Dark.
- Marvel Studios get Daredevil – In a development of legal proportions, Marvel Studios now has the rights to Daredevil. Fox’s rights to the character had lapsed, so it’s now part of Marvel Studios’ arsenal. Will they use him? Probably not anytime soon. But like any great character, it’s nice to know that he might pop up unexpectedly.
- Supporting characters who should have their own show – One new rumor this week is that Deb Morgan, as played by Jennifer Carpenter on Dexter, might get her own show. Unless Deb is going back to vice (a la season one) and wearing her hoochie garb, I’m thinking that all 7 of the lovely Joanna Robinson’s suggestions for other character spin-offs are more interesting.
- Futurama is cancelled (again) – Sad face emoticon.
- Guillermo del Toro and Michael Bay are going to fight – With their giant robots, apparently. Who knew that such a genial guy like del Toro could get so riled up over one of the least serious people in blockbuster filmmaking? Bayhem, that’s who.
- Custom Thor posters, yo – Olly Moss made the below posters custom for the cast and crew of Thor: The Dark World. If this isn’t the coolest thing I will never own, I don’t know what is (this is assuming, of course, that I will one day own a Bugatti Veyron).
- Damnit Jim, I’m not in focus! – These Star Trek Into Darkness posters continue the trend of being caught in some sort of Photoshop brush stroke storm.
- Mike Mitchell is Mondo good at drawings – We led tonight’s edition of MNAD off with a closeup of one of Mike Mitchell’s new character prints from his upcoming Mondo Gallery show. Here is one more that I like quite a bit. The show opens this Friday.