What is Movie News After Dark? It’s the exact thing that your pop culture obsessed sensibilities needs after a long hard day of talking about the latest iPhone on Twitter.
We begin this evening with that picture of Joss Whedon holding Captain America’s shield on the set of The Avengers. Not just because we like that shot, but because Whedon is talking about his SHIELD TV show in a new interview with MTV. He’s talking about new characters who aren’t superheros, but underdogs. Also notable up top is this excellent interview with Chris Evans, who has also been known to hold that shield.
1. Microsoft wants your room to be your TV – According to ArsTechnica, Microsoft has applied for a patent that looks very similar to the Star Trek holodeck, an “immersive” display. It’s perhaps the evolution of the Kinect toward something a little move sci-fi.
2. Roger Ebert goes to Toronto – Another excellent blog update from the man they call Ebert. He’s talking Looper, which has me excited for the screening of Looper that I’m headed off to attend.
3. Fantastic Parties – The folks at Culture Map have a breakdown of some of the parties that will happen during Fantastic Fest. The parties are a lot of fun, and they are often overlooked by sites like ours (we’re too busy seeing movies). But if you’re into the night life, there’s some serious happenings around Fantastic Fest.
5. Theater Ninjas Will Get You – A theater in London has taken the ‘no talking’ policy to the extreme, employing volunteers in full lycra suits to sit there and shush people who talk during movies. Something tells me that if a theater in America did this, it would end violently.
6. Viva Pirates 5? – No, it’s not a question of whether or not Jack Sparrow and company should come back for another movie. That’s an easy one to answer, if you’re a Disney accountant. It’s a question of whether reports that production is ramping up in Puerto Rico can be believed.
7. Entourage, continued… – The creator of Entourage, Doug Ellin, has said that a movie based upon the Show for Bros would take place six months after the TV series ended, and the script is done. And by done, he means not that great and still unnecessary.
8. Frankenweenie is adorable – Here’s a new clip from Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie that schools you on lightning. This movie has been the talk of the office today, mostly because we’re in full Fantastic Fest prep mode.
9. Back to the Glow in the Dark – Mondo has released info on a very cool new Back to the Future print from artist Mark Englert that glows in the dark. Awesome.
10. Universal Soldier: Part… 5? – Yes, there will be another Universal Soldier movie. I believe this is number five. Is that correct? Who can possibly know anymore? All I do know is that this one is Dolph Lundgren and JCVD being hunted down by pro ass-kicker Scott Adkins. That will be fun.
Links provided by Zergnet, which sounds like a villain but is really quite helpful.
Comment Policy: No hate speech allowed. If you must argue, please debate intelligently. Comments containing selected keywords or outbound links will be put into moderation to help prevent spam. Film School Rejects reserves the right to delete comments and ban anyone who doesn't follow the rules. We also reserve the right to modify any curse words in your comments and make you look like an idiot. Thank You!
Some movie websites serve the consumer. Some serve the industry. At Film School Rejects, we serve at the pleasure of the connoisseur. We provide the best reviews, interviews and features to millions of dedicated movie fans who know what they love and love what they know. Because we, like you, simply love the art of the moving picture.