Tonight in the world of Movie News After Dark, we explore the reasons why Iron Man 3 is going to kick ass, watch the Game of Thrones cast do something that every violinist with a YouTube account has done, and we highlight some of the more unique experiences of SXSW 2013.
- Iron Man 3 will out-action The Avengers - According to a new interview with Marvel’s Kevin Feige, The Avengers director Joss Whedon was mightily impressed with the finale of Shane Black’s Iron Man 3. Not that we need more reason to be excited about the May 3 release. It’s got Iron Man. That’s all we really need.
- The Game of Thrones cast sings the show’s theme – Aren’t they adorable? Reminder: Game of Thrones is almost back.
- Buckle Your Brain – This Wired profile about director Shane Carruth and his new film Upstream Color is tonight’s required reading for any film nerd, film lover, film aficionado or person otherwise interested in the world of film. Hopefully that includes you, otherwise I’m not sure how you’ve ended up reading this particular mid-article sentence.
- From Critic to Critiqued – Over at Slackerwood, fellow film bloggers John Gholson and Peter Hall discuss what it’s like to be on the other side of the equation, as both were involved (acting and producing, respectively) in films that debuted at the SXSW film festival. It’s a terrific three-part article that is a bit of inside baseball, but nonetheless worth a read.
- Diary of a SXSW Virgin – At Film.com, the inimitable Loquacious Muse writes a diary of her first trip to Austin for the SXSW film festival. Yes, more links to stuff about the SXSW film festival. This should last through the rest of the week, at which point I’ll go back to writing about Doctor Who and Iron Man 3. For now, give this lady’s article a read. It’s a good one.
- Star Trek Into Brickness – Sometimes I love you, The Internet…