Your Thursday night will end with Anna Kendrick being the most adorable person on the face of the planet. But before that, we’ll talk about why Game of Thrones is the most important show ever, why fans of Selena Gomez need to get over Spring Breakers and why Jon Stewart’s directorial debut is already getting panned. It’s all here on Movie News After Dark.
- Winter is Here – A great essay about Game of Thrones and its rise to the top of the television world from Grantland’s Andy Greenwald. They always promised us that the best stuff wouldn’t happen until the third season. Guess where we’re at now…
- A four-step guide to killing a White Walker – Step one: run as fast as you can the other way. Wait, that’s not step one?
- The Problem with Fans and Overwhelming Fandom – At Pajiba, Amanda Mae Meyncke explores what Spring Breakers is doing to longtime fans of Selena Gomez. Mostly they are losing their damned minds.
- Harry Knowles plots his comeback – The Hollywood Reporter’s big magazine story this week is about how Ain’t It Cool News founder Harry Knowles and his business manager squandered $700,000 a year in revenue, didn’t pay taxes and are now plotting a triumphant return to the top of Mt. Relevance. Words fail me.
- People already hate Jon Stewarts directorial debut – More to the point, noted mega-douche Peter Bart of Variety is telling Jon Stewart to stick to his day job and stay away from making films. Something about first time filmmakers not knowing what’s up and producer Scott Rudin being a bad guy. To be honest, I skimmed it. Still rooting for Stewart.
- Know your Joe – Brian Truitt takes to the pages of USA Today with a solid feature about the people who brought this week’s biggest release, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, back to life. Including the guy who directed Step Up.
- Harrison Ford doesn’t really want to talk about Star Wars – But Anna Kendrick is joining a Korean pop group. Video below.