Tonight on Movie News After Dark, we start with new images from the HBO Game of Thrones production team, both of which include dragons. Because that’s what you’re in it for, right? Beyond dragons, we’ve also got words of warning for GoT book readers, stories about film criticism and the sounds of Michael Bay’s latest to send you off to the weekend. Okay, here’s one more dragon…
And now, movie news…
- Steven Spielberg’s kids are in a band – Two of his kids have a band. They aren’t bad. I believe that’s all there is to this story.
- Don’t spoil Game of Thrones – Pajiba’s Sarah Carlson has a note to those of us who have read the Song of Ice and Fire books: please stop spoiling it. She’s right. There are plenty of places where those discussions can happen. An open forum like Facebook and Twitter is not it. Just think about this before you tweet: would this ruin the experience for someone who hasn’t read the book? If yes, don’t do it.
- Which mainstream shows are scifi and fantasy in disguise? – According to this excellent io9 article, I’ve been reading Girls all wrong.
- Alternate Silver Linings – An alternate ending to Silver Linings Playbook has been released. It’s a little different, but still okay.
- A short story about film criticism – A must read from The Atlantic.
- The Best Joss Whedon Movie Moments – Including some fun X-Men dialogue.
- The Sound of Pain and Gain – Here’s how they made Michael Bay’s latest sound so slick.