What is Movie News After Dark? It’s a column about movies and stuff. With a particular focus on “and stuff.”
We begin tonight with a shot of Russell Crowe as Noah, in the upcoming vision from director Darren Aronofsky. He’s looking quite grizzled, like an older version of his character from Gladiator. And that’s alright. Because that situation worked out pretty well. Then again, he also looks like a slightly older version of his Robin Hood…
1. Ranking Jeremy Renner – The folks at CinemaBlend walk through a ranked list of Jeremy Renner’s best characters, drawing from his not-exactly-extensive resume. Then again, it’s a great example of how strong he’s been relatively early in his career. It’s sad to see that his character from House didn’t make the cut.
2. Living without Sherlock- The Mary Sue has a list of tips for how you can get through the hiatus between series 2 and series 3 of BBC’s Sherlock, easily one of the best shows out there. Or not out there, in this particular case.
3. Mondo ParaNorman- The folks at Mondo have taken on Laika’s upcoming animated film ParaNorman, perhaps the most anticipated (secretly among everyone who knows what’s up) film of the month. The following print from Dave Perillo is my personal favorite, but /Film has the entire gallery.
4. Hansel and Gretel will get an R – From the director of that brutal Nazi zombie movie Dead Snow, one would expect the Gemma Aterton, Jeremy Renner-led take on the classic tale would get a gnarly, adult rating. Trusted sources say that one’s expectations are spot on.
5. Rosamund Pike to End world – Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and now Rosamund Pike will go to The World’s End in the finale of the Wright/Pegg/Frost Cornetto trilogy.
7. From Brave to LucasFilm – Brenda Chapman, the original director of Pixar’s Brave who was given the gentle boot from Emeryville’s latest film, has moved over to LucasFilm, where she is consulting on a “mystery project” that everyone will undoubtedly think has something to do with Star Wars. Because really, what else happens at LucasFilm?
8. The Bourne Culmination – In honor of The Bourne Legacy hitting theaters this weekend, a group of movieloving movie makers has put together a trailer for the next film in the series, The Bourne Culmination. But really, that title is silly. The Bourne Continuation seems more likely, as Universal is clearly ready to make 8 more of these things.
Links provided by Zergnet, which sounds like a villain but is really quite helpful.
Comment Policy: No hate speech allowed. If you must argue, please debate intelligently. Comments containing selected keywords or outbound links will be put into moderation to help prevent spam. Film School Rejects reserves the right to delete comments and ban anyone who doesn't follow the rules. We also reserve the right to modify any curse words in your comments and make you look like an idiot. Thank You!
Some movie websites serve the consumer. Some serve the industry. At Film School Rejects, we serve at the pleasure of the connoisseur. We provide the best reviews, interviews and features to millions of dedicated movie fans who know what they love and love what they know. Because we, like you, simply love the art of the moving picture.