What is Movie News After Dark? It’s a column about things and stuff. Mostly movies, a little television, all worth reading. You’d be hard-pressed to find a better assortment of things to read without having to dig through the same story 35 times in your RSS reader. We do that part for you.
We begin this evening with a first look at Cloud Atlas, the upcoming film from the Wachowskis and director Tom Tykwer. This one features a man (Tom Hanks) who comes into contact with an emissary from an alien world. They both look frightened.
1. The Ones Who Knock – Two of my favorite podcasters, Joanna Robinson and David Chen, have continued their work together despite their very active Twitter commitments to perform weekly dissections of Breaking Bad. It’s pretty solid, if you’ve got the time.
2. 10 things we wanted to see in the Man of Steel teaser – HitFix echoes the thoughts of many fans of Superman with their list of what was missing from the first trailer. Dear WB, we would like to kneel before Zod. Make it happen.
3. Academy sets rules for 85th Academy Awards – The AMPAS membership will now be able to receive screeners digitally. They’ve officially moved into the current century.
4. One fan envisions how the Joker could’ve fit into The Dark Knight Rises - The reasons why Christopher Nolan left him out seem obvious and completely logical, but there’s nothing wrong with a little fan-fiction.
5. Why the directors of Little Miss Sunshine made a fantasy movie – io9 explores, leading me to further explore all of my desire to see Ruby Sparks.
6. Hank doesn’t know – A killer piece of Breaking Bad art by Bee Johnson at the California Literary Review.
7. Martin Scorsese’s iPhone 4s Commercial – Siri, I like you. You’re going places!