Tonight’s edition of Movie News After Dark keeps it simple as we bring you back from your weekend. Hopefully you got a little sun, as we’re about to jettison you into space to talk a little Star Trek, but not before we check in with the progress of this week’s big star, Iron Man.
- Boldly get your IMAX print – Tonight’s header image is a piece of the new IMAX FanFix poster, part of a new (but not entirely new, as Mondo has done it before) program that will give fans a chance to get cool art prints just by attending the 8:00PM IMAX shows on May 15. First up is Star Trek Into Darkness and this killer print from Mark Englert and Gallery 1988.
- Iron Man 3 kills the international box office – $195 million in its opening frame and it hasn’t even played in China, Russia, Germany or these United States just yet. Well done, Mr. Stark.
- James T. Kirk did not cheat on the Kobayashi Maru Test – Devin Faraci defends Captain Kirk against his slanderous portrayal in 2009’s Star Trek, as written by Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman. This is what fandom is, friends.
- First Snowpiercer footage – The current James T. Kirk is Chris Pine. Speaking of dudes named Chris, Chris Evans starring in the upcoming flick from The Host director Bong Joon-ho. In this first footage, he seems to have a good handle on brutality.
- Michael Bay’s ninja turtles will be mutant – After spending some time letting us believe that the turtles in the upcoming reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would be some form of aliens, producer Michael Bay is bringing clarity to the issue. They will be mutants. Moving on.
- Ray Bradbury’s novels are out via e-book – Now you can get The Illustrated Man on your iPad. You might not know how great of a thing this is. In which case, you should have The Illustrated Man on your iPad.
- Kissed by Fire, indeed – Game of Thrones writer and story editor Bryan Cogman, who I explained in this week’s Blog of Thrones is the writer credited with a few of the show’s best midseason episodes, gives a great interview about the show and what scares him.