Long-desired and well-rumored, the release of the Jurassic Park trilogy on Blu-ray has been high on the list of cinephiles since the war between HD-DVD and Blu-ray ended some years ago. Of all the great spectacles of the modern effects era, none have been quite as grand as when Steven Spielberg brought dinosaurs back to life. It could be one of the most anticipated Blu-ray sets we’ll ever see. It’s that fact that makes today’s announcement even more exciting: Universal Studios Home Entertainment has released the list of special features that will be included in the October 25, 2011 release. And at first glance, it looks like it’s going to be a larger-than-life experience. See for yourself after the jump.
Universal City, California, June 27, 2011 – The wait is finally over to experience one of the most anticipated motion-picture trilogies of all time like never before when Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III debut as a trilogy set on Blu-ray™ October 25, 2011 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Acclaimed filmmaker Steven Spielberg’s award-winning cinematic franchise, based on the best-selling book by Michael Crichton, generated nearly $2 billion combined at the worldwide box office and featured groundbreaking visual effects that changed the art of movie-making forever. Now, all three epic films have been digitally restored and remastered in flawless high definition for the ultimate viewing experience. Additionally, the films’ visceral sound effects and the unforgettable music from legendary composer John Williams can now be heard in pristine 7.1 surround sound. Arriving in stores just in time for holiday gift giving, this collectible three-movie set also features hours of bonus features, including an all-new, six-part documentary and digital copies of all three films that can be viewed on an array of electronic and portable devices anytime, anywhere. The Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy is also available on DVD, as well as in a spectacular Limited Edition Blu-ray Trilogy Gift Set which includes a custom T-rex dinosaur statue.
“From the moment T-Rex first towered over worldwide movie audiences, the Jurassic Park Trilogy has electrified fans with its heart-pounding action and awe-inspiring technological innovations,” says Craig Kornblau, President of Universal Studios Home Entertainment. “With this newly remastered and digitally restored edition, we continue the franchise’s legacy by delivering to home viewers spectacular picture and sound that keeps the films as fresh and visceral now as they were when audiences first experienced them.”
The Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy features an all-star cast including Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Attenborough, Ariana Richards, Joseph Mozzello, Julianne Moore, Vince Vaughn, William H. Macy and Tea Leoni. In addition to the talented cast of actors, the Trilogy features stars of a different magnitude—from the huge Tyrannosaurus rex to the vicious Velociraptor, the Jurassic Park films showcase an extraordinary level of realism and technical innovation brought to life by a talented design team which include: Stan Winston, Live Action Dinosaurs; ILM’s Dennis Muren, Full Motion Dinosaurs; Phil Tippett, Dinosaur Supervisor; Michael Lantieri, Special Dinosaur Effects and Special Visual Effects by Industrial Light & Magic.
ALL-NEW BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY™ & DVD
- “Return to Jurassic Park” – this six-part documentary features all-new interviews with the many of the cast members from all three films, the filmmakers and Steven Spielberg.
- Dawn of a New Era
- Making Pre-history
- The Next Step in Evolution
- Finding The Lost World
- Something Survived
- The Third Adventure
ADDITIONAL FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY™
BD-LIVE™ – Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to watch exclusive content, the latest trailers, and more!
- MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the film.
- pocket BLU™: The groundbreaking pocket BLU™ app uses iPad®, iPhone®, iPod® touch, Android™, PC and Mac® to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player. Plus iPad® owners can enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket BLU™ made especially to take advantage of the tablet’s larger screen and high resolution display. Consumers will be able to browse through a library of Blu-ray™ content and watch entertaining extras on-the-go in a way that’s bigger and better than ever before. pocket BLU™ offers advanced features such as:
ADVANCED REMOTE CONTROL: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
VIDEO TIMELINE: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
MOBILE-TO-GO: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
BROWSE TITLES: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
KEYBOARD: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
The following bonus features also appear on the both the Blu-ray™ and DVD:
- The Making of Jurassic Park
- The Making of The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- The Making of Jurassic Park III
- Steven Spielberg Directs Jurassic Park
- Early Pre-Production Meetings
- The World of Jurassic Park
- The Magic of Industrial Light & Magic
- Location Scouting
- Phil Tippett Animatics: Raptors In The Kitchen
- The Jurassic Park Phenomenon: A Discussion with Author Michael Crichton
- Industrial Light & Magic and Jurassic Park: Before and After The Visual Effects
- Industrial Light & Magic and The Lost World: Jurassic Park Before & After
- The Industrial Light & Magic Press Reel
- A Visit to Industrial Light & Magic
- Hurricane in Kauai Featurette
- Dinosaur Turntables
- The Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park III
- Montana: Finding New Dinosaurs
- Animatics: T-Rex Attack
- The Special Effects of Jurassic Park III
- The Sounds of Jurassic Park III
- The Art of Jurassic Park III
- Tour of Stan Winston Studio
- Feature Commentary with Special Effects Team
- Production Archives: Storyboards, Models, Photographs, Design Sketches and Conceptual Drawings
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailers
- And MORE!