The soundtrack to the movie Juno is unequivocally one of my favorite movie soundtracks in a long time. For me, it is right up there with Top Gun or O Brother Where Art Thou. It is one of those soundtracks that really captures the spirit of the film to which it is attached, heightening the experience for any audience.
And for those who are, like me, a fan of the Juno soundtrack, you can rejoice in the announcement that Rhino Records will be released “Juno B-Sides: Almost Adopted Songs“, a 15-track collection of songs that did not make it onto the original soundtrack. As Director Jason Reitman explains, “None of these songs made the movie, but they are all essential members of the Junoverse.”
The album will be released exclusively through iTunes and will sell for $9.99 on April 8th. It will then be available through all digital service providers on May 13th.
Here is the official track listing:
1. Twentieth Century Fox Fanfar – Kimya Dawson
2. Me and You – Barry Louis Polisar
3. My Wandering Days Are Over – Sebastian
4. Kite – Mateo Messina
5. Viva la Persistance
6. Little Baby – The Bristols
7. I’m Into Something Good – Jr. James & The Late Guitar
8. Meet The McGruffs – Mateo Messina
9. Once I Loved – Astrud Gilberto
10. All I Want Is You – Kimya Dawson (solo)
11. Learning the Game (single version) – Buddy Holly
12. Meet the Lorings – Mateo Messina
13. Besame Mucho – Trio Los Panchos
14. You Can Have It All 0 Yo La Tengo
15. Zub Zub – Ellen Page
As you can see, it even features the track “Zub Zub” by Juno herself, Ellen Page. Personally, I am stoked — there is nothing wrong with a little more Juno in my life. And just in time for the DVD release, which hits shelves on April 15th. The “Juno B-Sides” album can be pre-ordered now on iTunes.
Hat Tip Courtesy of Slashfilm