Yesterday I was like a kid in a candy store with the news – so many interesting stories, great casting in projects to get excited about. Oddly enough, one of them was about Emily Blunt who was at one point going to be Black Widow. And now today, I’ve been kicked out of the candy store with the arrival of some really terrible, awful quality pictures for Iron Man 2 – a movie that I’m sure you’ve been following on twitter. But they do offer a grainy-as-hell first look at Black Widow played by Scarlett Johansson.
This whole situation raises several questions for me:
- Were these images digitized by holding the best scanner from 1998 up to a television?
- Does anyone really give a crap to see super-grainy images of characters standing?
- If Jon Favreau took a picture of Mickey Rourke at the craft service table and tweeted it, everyone would piss their pants to post it right?
- Seriously, scanners are actually pretty good now. There have to be better models out there.
Just see for yourself:
And now, a few quick thoughts:
- I’m told that’s Scarlett Johansson, but, really?
- These images, although totally not clear so therefore fairly void, make this thing look super cheesy.
- Like, really cheesy.
Since everyone on the planet is posting these images, I hunted down some cleaner ones over at the (surprise!) Entertainment Weekly website. Click on the cover for a seriously giant image:
Hey, at least that actually looks like Scarlett Johansson. Now to work on getting those sweet Jon Favreau karaoke pictures from the wrap party.
What do you think?
Source: Firstshowing for the grain. Entertainment Weekly for the non-grain.