If you missed the MTV Movie Awards last night, then 1) you are older than 13 and B) missed out on seeing Heath Ledger win an award for Best Villain for his appearance as The Joker in The Dark Knight. Finally, his soaring talent has been recognized.
You can blame the scheduling of the award show, but doesn’t it feel like that movie came out hundreds and hundreds of days ago?
For some reason, everyone in the film site world (it’s a small one consisting of this site and MarthaStewart.com) sees fit to bash the MTV Movie Awards every year as being ridiculously unhip and almost completely irrelevant. But that seems ridiculous considering that MTV chose Twilight as its Best Picture of the Year Ever.
You no doubt find yourself inexplicably interested in the complete list of winners which I will provide presently complete with a really appropriate title and easy-to-read List Format!
Complete list of winners:
- Best Movie: “Twilight”
- Best Female Performance: Kristen Stewart, “Twilight”
- Best Male Performance: Zac Efron, “High School Musical 3: Senior Year”
- Breakthrough Performance Female: Ashley Tisdale, “High School Musical 3: Senior Year”
- Breakthrough Performance Male: Robert Pattinson, “Twilight”
- Best Comedic Performance: Jim Carrey, “Yes Man”
- Best Villain: Heath Ledger, “The Dark Knight”
- Best Fight: Robert Pattinson vs. Cam Gigandet, “Twilight”
- Best Kiss: Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, “Twilight”
- Best WTF Moment: Amy Poehler for Peeing in the Sink in “Baby Mama”
- Best Song From a Movie: “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus, “Hannah Montana: The Movie”
- Generation Award Winner: Ben Stiller
For starters, I actually feel the need to praise the awards for having the presence of mind to nominate Milk for best kiss. It’s actually pretty cool to see something as progressive as two men kissing in earnest being recognized in art for a younger generation. However, I had no idea that this year’s MTV Movie Awards was co-sponsored by The Disney Channel.
And, yes, since you were wondering, Twilight was up against Slumdog Millionaire for Best Picture and Best Poop Scene.
What do you think?