A few days ago I saw this trailer pop up over at CHUD and today the fine publicists working on the Tribeca Film Festival run of Dan Fogler‘s directorial debut Hysterical Psycho were kind enough to send us over a copy of the trailer that fits nicely into our own video player. The trailer is admittedly wild and crazy and all sorts of seizure inducing psychosis, but it also appears to be a lot of fun. I’m interested to see what comes out of Dan Fogler — yes, Tony award-winning Balls of Fury and Fanboys star Dan Fogler — will do in his first work as a director.
Before you check out the trailer (or after, your choice), here is the film’s official synopsis: In this side-splitting horror send-up, a theater troupe takes a trip up state to the Moonlake Inn Motel, but its nearby lake is full of mind altering lunar radiation, and one of the troupe members is already on the path to insanity. Put them together and you get one hysterical psycho! Full of bloody, fun-filled kills, and inventive animation, Hysterical Psycho is a wild trip.
And now, the trailer:
If you are headed to the Tribeca Film Festival later this week, here are the dates and times for screenings of Hysterical Psycho:
- Premiere – Friday, April 24th at 8:00pm – School of Visual Arts, Theater 2
- Public Screening 2 – Saturday, April 25th at 11:59pm – School of Visual Arts, Theater 1
- Public Screening 3 – Tuesday, April 28th at 11:00pm – AMC Village 7, Theater 6
- Public Screening 4 – Friday, May 1st at 11:59pm – AMC Village 7, Theater 1
- Public Screening 5 – Saturday, May 2nd at 11:45pm – AMC Village 7- theater 5