Since news is pretty slow after the summer months (since everyone goes on vacation after their vacation), the biggest announcement isn’t really news at all. It’s more of a dartboard for movie fans to throw sharp objects at, but that definitely has its place in our wonderful world of speculation.
So put on your opinion hats, and let ‘er rip.
According to Variety, Christian Bale has avoided choosing a project to work on after The Dark Knight Rises because he wanted to focus all of his energies on playing Bruce Wayne one last time. However, there’s also a list of movies that have their doors open to the actor:
- Clint Eastwood’s re-remake of A Star is Born starring Beyonce Knowles (Harry’s younger sister)
- Michael Mann’s securities exchange fraud drama Gold
- Spike Lee’s Old Boy remake
- Scott Cooper’s 1970s revenge throwback Out of the Furnace
- Darren Aronofsky’s Biblical epic Noah
There’s no information beyond that, and it’s perfectly possible that Bale could pass on all of these projects in order to opt for something else, but given the list here, what movie would you rather see him in? My money’s on his beard-growing ability for Noah, but Variety’s announcement also ignores reports that Bale will be teaming up again with Terrance Malick. That could take years, but it’s at least something solid. What do you think? Where does Bale fit best?