This past spring, Wes Craven brought the Scream franchise back to life with the fourth installment in the trilogy. (That works, doesn’t it?) This time, instead of an homage to horror movies, or an homage to horror movies within a horror movie, Craven serves up a movie within a movie homage to horror movies within a movie. It gets a bit complicated, so you’ll want to relax when you watch it and not try to figure it all out. Cheers!
Today, Scream 4 (or SCRE4M, to the cool cats) is available on DVD and Blu-ray, hot off the heels of Craven announcing he’s planning a fifth and sixth movie. Now with four movies available at home, you can enjoy a Scream-a-thon with drinking at this party.
And now, to cover our butts… This game is only for people over the age of 21. Please drink responsibly, and don’t ever invite Sidney Prescott to your house for dinner.
TAKE A DRINK WHEN…
- A phone rings
- There’s a meta joke
- Someone or something gets stabbed
- Someone crashes into or through something
TAKE A DRINK WHEN YOU SEE…
- A POV camera shot
- A TV or video screen
- A close-up of a hunting knife or a cell phone
- A Ghostface mask or picture that’s not the killer
TAKE A DRINK WHEN SOMEONE SAYS…
- The name of a movie (real or fake)
CHUG YOUR DRINK WHEN…
- The characters introduce their own drinking game