Here at the new (and soon to be improved, I promise) Reject HQ we are in countdown mode for Fantastic Fest 2010. I believe that several of our team members — the likes of Fure, Hunter and Abaius — are packing their bags and getting ready for a week of greasy Drafthouse food, movies in not English and sleeping on a floor littered with beer bottles and piles of Pepto. So the next time I bring you the best of the week in The Week That Was, I may be under the influence of peer pressure and bad food. But until then, it’s business as usual here in Reject Land. And by business as usual, I’m of course referring to copious amounts of shenanigans as we continue to bring you the best, unbiased, no bull-shit, non directorial ball coddling coverage of the film industry on the web today. We also wrote some articles…
- Devil reviewed by Lauren Flanagan
- Easy A reviewed by Cole Abaius
- The Town reviewed by Rob Hunter
- 7 Days reviewed by Rob Hunter
- Catfish reviewed by Dustin Hucks
- The Makers of Catfish Get Real Spoilery with our Luke Mullen
- Alamo Drafthouse CEO Tim League talks about storming the castle of film distribution
- Jack Giroux spends time with up-and-comer Grant Reznick
- Easy A director Will Gluck explains Emma Stone’s naughty side
The Ten Most Popular Articles of the Week
- The 30 Best Films of the Decade (a definitive list)
- 10 Best Masturbation Scenes in Honor of Christine O’Donnell
- Keanu Reeves’ Vibrant Acting Style Tapped for “Um…”
- The 10 Worst Video Game Movies in History (from the archives)
- Early Reviews call The Social Network Perfect
- 8 Films You Can’t Talk About
- In Regards to Your Movie, Resident Evil: Afterlife
- The 20 Must See Movies of Fantastic Fest 2009 (appropriately making a comeback)
- Why Jon Hamm Isn’t Too Old to Play Superman
- Review: The Town
Other Things That Happened
- Kevin James is in a movie wearing a Chicago Blackhawks jersey. I feel betrayed.
- Freddie Mercury as played by Sacha Baron Cohen. Yes, lets do that.
- A movie about a pig monster is happening.
- Mark Wahlberg and the skinny guy from The Machinist in The Fighter trailer.
- The Alamo Drafthouse is running for governor of Texas, or something.
- A MONTY PYTHON REUNION!
- Reject Radio #62 was quite impressive this week. Another fine episode airs tomorrow night at 10/9c.
Dispatch from Reject HQ
Last week I was very graciously asked to star alongside a talented group of folks in a bumper for Fantastic Fest’s infamous bumper contest. And despite a strange shoulder injury (which, if you follow me on Twitter you know all about by now because I’m a raging vagina who won’t shut up about it), it was a wonderful experience. I look forward to being able to share it with you at some point here on FSR. It will also satiate the fantasies of any of you who have read my reviews and subsequently dreamt of seeing me with half of my face smashed in. Admit it, it’s happened before. Just go back and read my review of Transformers, you’ll remember the feeling.
Comment of the Week
“Don’t tell me: he plays a bad guy.” – reader [A] on Tinker, Tailor Grabs Mark Strong, Stays in The Cold War
Required Viewing of the Week
If you haven’t watched Community yet, we really can’t be friends…
Until next week, this has been another edition of my making small lists of things you should’ve already read…