We made it! As birds fall dead from the sky, fish show up dead around the world, politicians are being shot while picking up the produce, you and I have made it, dear reader. What a wild week it has been around the world — the apocalypse could very well be right around the corner. So if we’re all going to go out in a blaze of glory, lets take a moment for some delightful diversion. My suggestion — read the work of the FSR staff as we continue our ongoing coverage of the world of film. It may not be a homeless guy with the perfect radio voice, but it’s worth a look either way.
- Season of the Witch is obscenely lazy, says Robert Levin
- Victim is an interesting twist on the ‘kidnap and torture’ flick, according to Rob Hunter
- Awards season brings us chats with some Oscar-seeking faces, including Blue Valentine director Derek Cianfrance and Somewhere director Sophia Coppola. We also caught up with Mark Romanek to chat about Never Let Me Go.
- The team was busy dropping bombs of awesome this week. We’ll begin with our list of 8 Things for Movie Fans to do in January, because seeing movies might not be enough.
- If you do want to go to the movies, you’ll want to consult our Movie Watcher’s Guide to January 2011 first.
- Merrill takes a look at FX’s Lights Out, one of the more anticipated shows of the new year.
- How Movies Shape Our View of the Apocalypse seems ever-appropriate.
- What Movie Character do you Identify with Most? See what the FSR staff had to say (and don’t forget to add your own response)
- In honor of the man’s 80th, we celebrated 8 Decades of Robert Duvall
- Landon Palmer took on True Grit with this week’s Culture Warrior. Not one, but two.
- UPDATE! How could I possibly forget Adam Charles’ excellent piece, 2010: The Year Movies Cured Sex.
We unleashed our list of The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of 2011. It’s kind of a big deal.
Also, don’t forget to check out my new nightly column, Movie News After Dark. It is relentless in its passion for putting you to sleep.