It’s no secret that we’re huge fans of short films and of aspiring talent trying to get eyeballs on their work. That’s the very reason that we shine a bright spotlight on a short film every day of the work week, and it’s the same reason that we’re partnering with Playboy, Bombay Sapphire Gin and Talent House for a short film contest that will see one winner taken to Sundance 2012, handed a nice chunk of change, and featured at a private event at the festival.
So how do you enter this glorious contest? It’s incredibly, ridiculously simple:
All you have to do is make a short film that embodies this year’s themes of Imagination and Freedom of Expression. Those are pretty broad brush strokes, but they leave the door wide open for creativity.
You’ll then upload your short to Youtube or Vimeo and submit that link to the contest using the handy portal you see below.
From that pool of short films, one (1) winner will earn themselves:
- Travel, three (3) nights’ accommodations and $500 spending money for the Sundance Film Festival
- A screening of your short at a private Playboy/Bombay Sapphire party
- A 30-60 minute mentoring session with a filmmaking insider (either in person or over Skype)
- The short film featured on Playboy.com and BombaySapphire.com
- A fistful of dollars adding up to $3,500
The catch? You must be 21+ and be a resident of the United States. Sorry, rest of the world.
To get started, set up some lights, roll your cameras, and hop into this portal when you’re ready to make your mark:
This is a hell of an opportunity. Go grab a Kino, exercise that freedom of expression, and good luck.