It’s a thin week when it comes to DVD releases, so we’re reaching into the vault (which is like reaching into the back of the refrigerator for that last glorious beer). Because we have The Watch coming at the end of the week, we’ll be taking a look at a very different alien invasion comedy: The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.
Not everyone understands the awesomeness that comes in this adventure of the swashbuckling genius neurosurgeon, physicist and rock star that is Buckaroo Banzai. It was ahead of its time when it was released in 1984, and few people understood it back than. But who knows. With some alcohol in your system, you might just understand it a little bit more (or at least think you do).
And now, to cover our butts… This game is only for people over the age of 21. Please drink responsibly, and always remember that no matter where you go, there you are.
Suggested drink: Buckaroo Brew Pale Ale
TAKE A DRINK WHEN…
- A song begins or ends
- You hear the theme song in the score
- Fake 80s-era high-tech gadgetry is used
- An 8th-dimension alien changes appearance
TAKE A DRINK WHEN YOU SEE…
- A bolt of electricity or a laser
- The Buckaroo Banzai or 88 logo
- A vehicle from the 8th dimension
- A new outfit for Buckaroo or one of the Hong Kong Cavaliers
TAKE A DRINK WHEN SOMEONE SAYS…
- “Planet 10”
- “Buckaroo” or “Banzai”
CHUG YOUR DRINK WHEN…
- Someone crosses into the 8th dimension