The visuals of 12 Years a Slave are stunning, often unflinching, and this week we’ve invited cinematographer (and frequent Steve McQueen collaborator) Sean Bobbitt to explain how he challenged millions with his imagery.
Plus, Geoff and I talk about The Wolf of Wall Street‘s capability to turn good people into quaalude-hungry maniacs and answer a hypothetical question about saving only one 2014 movie from destruction (by quaalude-hungry maniacs).
On This Week’s Show:
- The Scourge [0:00 – 1:30]
- The Movie You’d Save [1:30 – 12:45]
- Shocked! Shocked to Find Controversy Over a Scorsese Movie [12:45 – 27:45]
- The Frank Observer (w/ Sean Bobitt) [27:45 – 47:15]
- Heroes of the Week [47:15 – 50:00]