This week on the show we’re talking with Dear Mr. Watterson director (and adult Calvin look-a-like) Joel Allen Schroeder about the universal love for Calvin and Hobbes as well as the long, strange trip the Kickstarted movie took to find theaters.
Plus, Vanity Fair’s Katey Rich and I debate whether The Hunger Games should be criticized for being a rip-0ff of Battle Royale and Geoff waxes philosophical (and structural) about the right way to approach foreign remakes.
On This Week’s Show:
- Real or Magic? [0:00 – 1:30]
- Oldboy’s Hammer [1:30 – 19:15]
- Let’s Go Exploring with Joel Allen Schroeder [19:15 – 33:30]
- Debate to the Death! [33:30 – 45:30]
- Heroes of the Week [45:30 – 46:30]