Through music and misery, we ask the big questions this week. Specifically, Neil Miller and Geoff get philosophical over High Fidelity and debate whether we’re truly defined by what we like (as opposed to what we’re like) when it comes to relationships. Plus, Geoff describes a few ways to get into the TV show-writing business (and a few ways not to).
And on our main stage, the stellar Stephen Frears joins us to talk about Philomena and capriciousness, and to offer perhaps the single most important piece of filmmaking advice the show has ever heard.
On This Week’s Show:
- S’More Outrage [0:00 – 1:30]
- The Show Bible [1:30 – 11:45]
- High Debatability [11:45 – 22:45]
- Stephen Frears Sells Us 5 Copies of The Three EPs [22:45 – 36:00]
- Heroes of the Week [36:00 – 38:00]