In what universe could Minnie Mouse fight crime with The Hulk? In our own. This week on the show, Geoff and I will toss around a few ideas for movie universes to collide — legally based on which global conglomerate owns which intellectual properties. Get ready to see Donald, Darkwing and Howard the Duck team up for an adventure with a terrible title.
Plus, since we’re retuning from break, we wanted to talk about the phenomenon of and meaning behind adding “The Return of” to your hero’s sequelized journey. What kinds of movies boldly ask us to return and why?
Double plus, we’ll speak with Landon Palmer about The Blair Witch Project and how we’ve been judging it unfairly all these years.
You should follow Landon (@landonspeak), the show (@brokenprojector), Geoff (@drgmlatulippe) and Scott (@scottmbeggs) on Twitter for more on a daily basis.
Please review us on iTunes
Download Episode #67 Directly
Or subscribe Through iTunes
On This Week’s Show:
- Always Remember [0:00 – 1:15]
- The Return of the Something [1:15 – 17:30]
- The Movie Universe Mash-Up Game [17:30 – 31:00]
- Lost in the Blair Witch’s Woods (w/ Landon Palmer) [31:00 – 47:45]
- Heroes of the Week [47:45 – 50:00]
Get In Touch With Us:
- Call Broken Projector: (512) 212-1301