For our extra special Independence Day Eagle-Blasted, Star-Spangled, Overly-Adjectived Extravaganza, Geoff and I ponder the very nature of the United States of America. We try to hone in on its complexities and paradoxes by contemplating what movies best capture Columbia’s essence. In other words, the most American movies ever made. Is there a particular genre that echoes its spirit? Is it more about pure patriotism or can the story display our darker side? Where does the heart of American cinema lie?
Listen and contemplate while you grill meat stuffed into another meat, or as you slide down the tarp you poured dish soap onto.
Plus, to celebrate our victory over the British, we invite the absolutely delightful Maisie Williams onto the show to discuss her new movie Heatstroke, explain why she’s not Justin Bieber and share her love for Twitter.
On This Week’s Show:
- What’s in the box again? [0:00 – 1:30]
- Listener mail: sob stories [1:30 – 9:00]
- USA! USA! USA! [9:00 – 47:00]
- Arya Stark takes a holiday (w/ Maisie Williams) [47:00 – 57:30]
- Heroes of the Week [57:30 – 60:00]
Get In Touch With Us:
- Call Broken Projector: (512) 212-1301