Studios should learn a powerful lesson from the one-two punch of The LEGO Movie and RoboCop. Specifically, that they’re getting in the way of their own success. How do you make a hit? By making a great movie. How do you make a great movie? Hire great filmmakers and then empower them to create. Unfortunately, there are some huge roadblocks on the path toward that Utopia. We’ll discuss them while envisioning a bright new future.
Plus, FSR Associate Editor Kate Erbland joins us for an Interrogation Reviewification of the aforementioned cyborg policeman movie, and we’ll all offer some ’80s movies we’d love/hate to see remade.
You should follow Kate (@katerbland), the show (@brokenprojector), Geoff (@drgmlatulippe) and Scott (@scottmbeggs) on Twitter for more on a daily basis.
And, as always, if you like the show (or hate it with seething fervor), please help us out with a review.
Download Episode #49 Directly
Or subscribe Through iTunes
On This Week’s Show:
- Rocket Raccoon for President [0:00 – 1:00]
- ’80s Remakes We Won’t Yell At (w/ Kate Erbland) [1:00 – 14:20]
- RoboCop Interrogation Reviewification (w/ Kate Erbland also!) [14:20 – 27:00]
- The Blockbuster Auteurs [27:00 – 43:30]
- Heroes of the Week [43:00 – 45:00]
Get In Touch With Us: