Paul Walker‘s performance in Hours is a different animal. In the film, he stars as a man who loses his wife during childbirth and must watch over his ailing newborn in a hospital evacuated by the threat of Hurricane Katrina. It’s high concept with a big beating heart, and we’ll speak with writer/director Eric Heisserer about the challenges of crafting it, and the contextual shift left by Walker’s tragic death.
Plus, Eric Vespe (aka Quint) from Aint It Cool News will try to convince Geoff to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug regardless of how the dragon’s name is pronounced, and we’ve got a fundamental screenwriting question on tap for both Geoff and Heisserer. It’s our penultimate show, so we’re swinging for the fences.
On This Week’s Show:
- Funniest of the Year [0:00 – 1:00]
- Finding the Rest of Your Story [1:00 – 8:30]
- How to Pronounce “Smaug” [8:30 – 29:45]
- Every Three Minutes (w/ Hours director Eric Heisserer) [29:45 – 45:45] — read Heisserer’s short story that was adapted for the film
- Heroes of the Week [45:45 – 47:00]