The dream is to get famous on YouTube and translate that success into a feature film career, but so far the only group to truly do that is Radio Silence. The filmmakers behind the found footage uterine horror Devil’s Due made a name for themselves on the site where a bajillion hours of video is uploaded every second, and now they’re staking that reputation on the big screen. We’ll talk to them about that jump and what goes into making a baby.
Plus, Geoff and I attempt to sell each other on two debatable ideas: the rising power of fan clubs to demand content from creators and the need for aspiring screenwriters to avoid reading scripts-in-progress.
On This Week’s Show:
- LaPerformance Art [0:00 – 2:00]
- Fan Club Power [2:00 – 17:30]
- Reading “The Hateful Eight” [17:30 – 32:30]
- The Garage Band Filmmakers [32:30 – 52:00]
- Heroes of the Week [52:00 – 53:00]