As it turns out, it’s completely possible to spend the warmest months without seeing a single superhero or explosion, and on this week’s show, Geoff and I proclaim our excitement for the indie/non-blockbuster pics that might provide greatness this season. We’ll also talk about our all-time favorite screenplays to read.
Plus, Paracinema writer Matthew Monagle is our first participant in a segment called You Have a Year and a Half to Make Us Excited About Star Wars: Episode VII. Let’s see if he persuades you.
Double plus, we’ll chat with Dan Fogler about 2012 conspiracies and getting beaten up by Anne Hathaway for the trippy Don Peyote.
On This Week’s Show:
- Or is it? [0:00 – 1:45]
- The Best Screenplays of All Time [1:45 – 16:30]
- The Beginning is Near (w/ Dan Fogler) [16:30 – 31:00]
- The Non-Blockbuster Movies of Summer 2014 [31:00 – 48:30]
- You Have a Year and a Half to Convince Us to Be Excited About Star Wars: Episode VII [48:30 – 57:40]
- Heroes of the Week [57:40 – 59:00]