The third and final installment of our annual holiday gift guide is presented by SONOS.
Let’s pretend for a moment that your Aunt Edna just struck it big. Perhaps she won the jackpot at an international Bingo competition. Maybe she even won the Powerball this past weekend. Or she may have just been the sole name on the will when her shipping magnate husband Wilfred passed away. Either way, Aunt Edna is a lady with too much money and not enough time in which to spend it. And you’ve landed on her holiday gift-giving list. What would you ask for if money were of little consequence? Lucky for you in this potentially hypothetical situation, we’ve decided that the third and final entry into our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide should be all about the finer things in life, the premium gifts that one might get for one’s self. Or those classy, upper-echelon gifts that you’d give only to the most beloved movie lover on your list. They aren’t all necessarily expensive gifts that require Aunt Edna’s pocketbook, but they are all really great quality additions to your home entertainment experience.
Each item listed below corresponds with the numbers in the image at the top of the page.
1. The Sharp 70″ 4K TV – The proliferation of 4K resolution television sets might be a ways away, but that won’t stop us from considering the jump to the next level of home viewing. And while we’re at it, why not go with one of the biggest, most beautiful damn screens in the business. There are a whole lot of Michael Bay movies we’d love to watch on this glorious television. And other movies, too.
2. Prima Cinema – This one seems like it would go perfectly with a 70″ 4K TV in our theater room — a system that delivers first-run theatrical movies right to your home. It’s like Netflix for people who don’t have the patience to wait for Netflix to get this weekend’s new movies. Yes, we live in the future.
3. The Sonos Playbar – We’ve been raving about soundbars throughout our gift guides this year, as they are clearly the new hotness on the market. And since the folks at Sonos served as both the sponsor and inspiration for our high-class gift list, it’s only appropriate that we highlight their unit. Quick and easy setup, powerful sound and expandability with wireless surround sound speakers more than set the Playbar apart from others on the market.
4. Logitech Harmony Touch-Screen Remote – All of these devices are going to need something to tie it all together and not just a classy rug, Dude. Customize your controls for up to 15 devices and set up quick commands so that you don’t let a pile of remote controls get in between you and a Breaking Bad marathon rewatch on Netflix.
5. Bose Bluetooth Headphones – Because you just can’t do wires anymore, am I right? Whether you are watching a new movie on your tablet, sitting down and browsing your collection on your favorite streaming device or watching something in the corner of your computer screen, you can’t go wrong with a solid pair of wireless headphones. Because cords and jump-scares don’t mix.
6. Sumo Solace – The folks at Sumo, as chronicled a few times on this site in the past, make some very comfy high-quality squishy furniture. New this year is the Solace, a single-user reclining beanbag that will fit nicely into your movie room decor.
7. Sonos Play:1 – Here’s something cool that we learned from the folks at Sonos. Their various wireless speakers can all work together to create a whole-home system for streaming your favorite music and internet radio. So lets say that you took our advice and got a Playbar. Now you want to add sound to your office or bedroom. The Play:1 is one of those cool wireless speakers that fits anywhere and delivers big sound.